Consumers are kindly requested to send their returns to the customer service associated with their merchant. The merchant may file a request for a re-print at Peecho within 30 days after the shipping date of the original print job. We will then do a re-print. If the return is due to the content of a product, rather than the physical aspects, Peecho will bill the merchant for both the print and the re-print. This also goes for products that are returned due to a clearly erroneous use of our services on behalf of the merchant. In general, we tend to be friendly people, so don’t worry too much about the last one.
Just one more thing about quality. Because we use multiple factories in several regions, minor differences may occur across products printed by our different printing partners – even for the same product. For example, these differences could be – but are not limited to – slight variances in color, binding and paper gloss.
If you have a question about charges made to your account, please contact us immediately. If the charges were made in error, we will immediately credit your account or credit card account for the appropriate amount. However, any user who repeatedly disputes credit card payments that are found to be valid might be permanently blacklisted and barred from use of the service. If our collection efforts of past due fees and costs fail, unpaid debts will be reported to all available credit reporting agencies.
- Peecho provides services on an “as is” basis. See the disclaimer for additional rules on this topic.
- Peecho does not validate any information provided by the user for use with services for content, correctness or usability.
- Peecho will not necessarily provide free support for the user in the use and operation of Peecho services.
- Only services and features that are clearly marked as “free” or “no charge” are free or without charge. Everything else provided by Peecho is provided for a fee and the user is liable for such fees.
- The services are only to be accessed and used by those explicitly authorized to do so – to put it simply: you need to have a proper Peecho account to be a merchant.
- Use of Peecho services requires a certain level of technology knowledge. The user is required to have the necessary technical knowledge to use our services.
- The user may not disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, create a derivative work, copy or display the software code in human readable form except as explicitly provided for in this agreement. See our open source license for the exceptions.
- Only with the written consent of Peecho, the user may rent or lease or provide the services as-is to third parties. Give us a call if you would like to do this.
- Pre-publishing, marketing, distribution, and other tools and services are available through our website. These may include links to websites outside of the Peecho services. Once you visit one of those sites, you are subject to the policies of that new site. Peecho is not responsible for these policies whatsoever.