The smell of paper, the feeling of turning a page and the look of all your hard copies on a shelf. Who doesn’t prefer printed books and magazines?!?
But... sometimes it’s just not practical to carry stuff around or you simply cannot wait for a paper copy to arrive. In those cases it makes perfect sense to have an option to read a publication online. We have received many requests for this option and we are proud to announce a new product in our portfolio: the digital publication. It is now also possible to sell your books and magazines as digital products, too.
This is how you can allow your fans to buy your publication as a pdf file:
1. Log in to your account on http://www.peecho.com/account/login
2. Click on ‘’Settings’’ in the top menu of your dashboard and then click on ‘’Catalogue’’.
3. In the catalogue we added the option ‘’Digital publication’’. If you check the box next to ‘’Digital file’’, you allow people to buy your digital publication as a pdf file. Don’t forget to click on ‘’Save scheme’’. After you have done this, your customers can pick the kind of product they want to buy, depending on your settings (hardcover book, softcover book or digital file for example).
4. We calculate a standard wholesale price of one dollar. Thus the price of the digital product is $1 by default, unregarded the size of your file. Next to ‘’Digital file’’ you can set your own retail price, the margin is yours. If you want to set a different price, please click on ‘’Go to custom settings’’.
5. You can also create a separate link or button for the digital publication on your website. To do this, you have to upload your file again and go to the ''details'' of the file. Then click on ''settings'' in the menu on the left side. At the bottom of this page, you can set fixed products. So if you want the link to be only for digital files, you pick ''digital file''.
The Isis Nicole Magazine already offers the digital version of her magazines.
Would you like some tips on how to sell your publications? We regularly share marketing tips on our blog. Would you rather receive some personal advice or have you got a specific question? Great! Just send us an email or give us a call (+31638445117).